Sunset @ the DM Bridge

The other week,  attended a workshop seminar on Radio Production. There were fourteen of us that came from the hospital & college. Good thing I decided to go since my initial response to the invitation was, "i won't go>"

I can just imagine if I have mis.ed it - I will miss learning many things during the workshop and...

 photo resized-1.jpg


This too... (read on)

After our first day session, we have almost three hours to go before our evening program. Since I was with few "laag enthusiasts" we decided to have a quick round of the city aboard Ging's vehicle.

I was the only rose among the thorns and that gave me the privilege of sitting in front. Another fortunate thing that took place was, Meljoie, another close friend of mind, gave me the liberty to borrow his Canon DSLR camera. He was suppose to be one of the photographers in the program, but since he also have other tasks to do, his camera was left at our table under my mercy. lol! A thing which I just love because I missed clicking a camera.

If I decided not to go, I will miss this glowing view of the plains...

 photo IMG_3029.jpg


 

That is the only elevated area I saw when we went around.  I shiver with the thought that if a big flood will come, the people will really have to go far just to reach an elevated spot.  But I did not dwell long on that thought because I was to enjoy the sunset.

We were off to the new bridge...

 photo IMG_3028.jpg


 

 

And we got off at the bridge, NEWBRIDGE as most locals call it.  For a moment, I felt dizzy because the bridge shakes when a big vehicle passes.  But still I managed to click this:

 photo IMG_3037.jpg


 

It's been awhile seeing the sun go down and I have a camera at hand. :)  Thanks Meljoie, or I cannot capture these moments.

+++

Diosdado Macapagal Bridge is the first suspension bridge in Mindanao and is located in Butuan City covering a half of a kilometer span of the Agusan River.  It is a visible infrastructure that is why it is an addition to Butuan City landmarks.

 photo IMG_3035.jpg


  photo IMG_3062.jpg


 This bridge was a project approved during the administration of former President Joseph Estrada and was completed during the administration of Ms. Gloria Arroyo.  Residents of Butuan and the whole CARAGA regions thinks that the completion of this bridge will speed up economic growth in the region.

 photo IMG_3040.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Weekend Blog Follower Caravan #21: Welcome Followers!