A Glimpse of Marawi City

Call me lucky yesterday because I had the chance to have a glimpse of Marawi City from the campus of the Mindanao State University campus.  It was a Sabbath service invitation for one of our pastoral staff in the hospital.  He accepted the invitation with the thought in mind that he will bring along friends who wants a glimpse of the famous Lake Lanao and Marawi City.


Photobucket

--A marker found just before you enter the university campus --



Photobucket

Because we have to catch an appointment back in Iligan at 2 pm, we forego of the plan to see Lake Lanao up close.  But it was not really a total disappointment since, one of the faculty, who graciously offered to give us a quick tour of the campus, brought us to a spot where we can have glimpse of Lake Lanao and its shores where the city lies.


Photobucket

I read that Marawi City is the summer capital of the South and I can say yes it is because of its cool climate. The campus  is situated in rolling hills and the city is down the valley below.  I love the view of green grasses and pines in this photo.  This was taken at the entrance of a hotel situated inside the campus.  Our guide said that it is the only hotel in Lanao del Sur.


It was really a quick visit that we were not able to go around the campus by foot.  We only went down of the vehicle two times for picture taking.  One was near the Islamic Center and the next one was on this spot to have a glimpse of the lake.  When we left, I made a promise to myself that one day, I will go up there for a weekend with anyone who wants to backpack with me and explore the campus more and see the Lake from the right viewing spot.

Comments

  1. [...] Here’s a similar entry in my travel blog. This entry was posted in travel, worth knowing and tagged Lake Lanao, Marawi city, Mindanao State University - main campus, Pastor Carmelito Jun Asoy, Sabbath Day, Saturday outreach, travel by admin. Bookmark the permalink. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I always had a plan to visit Marawi before. I have so many friends , classmates who pursue their schooling there. And they tells a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard a lot of good travel tales from friends who went there. I wanted to visit the place too but never got the time to do it...maybe someday...I love your picture with the great background!...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last shot arls, the sky is so perfect...looking good! -Gizelle Marie@OurTravels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Weekend Blog Follower Caravan #21: Welcome Followers!