LRT Adventures

LRT was my major transport today.

The bus arrived LRT - EDSA station  from the airport quicker than I thought it would be. Thanks to a no-traffic morning.  The early flight from cdo made me realized that it is nice to travel first flight as we had a smooth flight and even had a smooth landing.  It was my first time in two years that I fly Cebu Pacific and the plane landed without doing many circles up in the air highway.

I then took the LRT from EDSA then got off at Dorotheo Jose.  From there, I walked to LRT 2 Terminal.  Got my ticket from the vending machine and took the train from Recto and to get off at Pureza.  Before I reached the road, I already saw my friend, Stenette with her back on me but I was so sure it was her.  ^^ After breakfast, my first LRT adventure happened.

FIRST ADVENTURE

I took the train that went on the same route while going to Pureza.  I was like jumping off my seat when it V Mapa station was announced.  I denied myself that I heard the wrong station, and I continued to the next station which was J Ruiz.  I looked at the system map, I want to continue down to the last station, but I don't like to be caught with the wrong ticket and it was also raining well enough to wet a person - so I decided to get off at J Ruiz station.

Went down and bought another ticket and to make sure I will go up the right way, I did ask assistance.  Instead of getting off after two stations from Pureza, in this trip, I have to get off at the 4th station.

SECOND ADVENTURE

My 2nd LRT adventure was this afternoon when I went on date with mommy blogger friend, Willa.  We agreed the other day that we will meet today at 3 pm.  I took the LRT from Buendia station and got off at UN (United Nations).  UN was really in mind but when I reached down and did not see Willa, the word Central flashed in my mind. Oh no i did it again! Got off at the wrong station!

I started to panic thinking that I don't like her to wait. She has already waited because she arrived real early than the agreed time and I was still at the hospital when she texted she's already at the station waiting for me.  I don't like her to wait more.  So I called.  My first instinct was to go up and take the LRT again but then she told me, Central is the next station.  I could either ride a jeepney or walk it.  I opt to walk.

I walked. I brisked walk actually ^^

Since she was down in the road and I was not yet there, so she proceeded to SM Manila (at the back of Manila City Hall) entrance and waited for me there.  It was my first time to walk on foot in this area of Manila so I still asked some pedestrians about city hall and SM just to make sure am on the right track.

Indeed I was on the right track.

I met Willa, and we talked the time away.

I did not consider the "wrong place at right time" moments today as misadventures.  They are adventures though I have wished I was with friends to make the moment more fun. ^^

 

Comments

  1. exciting! I should do this one day...and get lost in unfamiliar stations. LOL! Hmmm...could be a bice blog entry, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Weekend Blog Follower Caravan #21: Welcome Followers!