Port of Entry to Bohol: Tubigon


For the second time, my daughter and I entered Bohol through Tubigon.  If there had been a boat that sail from Cagayan de Oro to Jagna, then we could have entered through Jagna.  But there was no other choice this time since our time is not much, so we sailed to Cebu City and catch a ferry to Bohol.


It's been the second time but the place to purchase tickets is different than before.  Good thing there was the guy who is selling pop rice that assisted us.  Later I discovered that he tried assisting in exchange for the purchase of pop rice. lol! It was still 8 am but the sun was already biting on our skin and our perspiration was enough to wet our backs.  I can imagine this guy was just trying to get an income from the food stuff he was selling, so, I bought 3 packs of pop rice. I never thought Dimple and I will not love it. But due to hunger, we ate it once we were settled on our seats.


Last time, it was an ordinary ferry (2 hours travel) that took us from Cebu pier to Tubigon.  But this time, we sailed through Seacrafts and it costs Php 220.00 for adults.  My daughter paid a few pesos less because she got a student ID.



That's the Starcrafts that sailed from Cebu Pier 1 to Tubigon for an hour.


We were just on time for the nine o'clock trip.  We left at 8:30 and we arrived at exactly 9:30.


I have imagined that night before that we will go on an adventure - meaning we will not be picked up at the pier.  But we were promised that we will be picked up.  But when we arrived earlier than expected, the "adventure" thing happened.


We took the trike from pier to the terminal for Php 50.00.  I really did not mind paying that much because I know that both of us were comfortably settled in our seats.  The dispatchers in there wanted us to take a trike that was already full and when they asked me again for the second time, I did not hold my peace anymore.  I told them that to avoid accidents, they should make sure that each passenger they carry must be in settled comfortably in their seat.


At the terminal, there are two options in going south or north bound.  There is the bus and the van.  Since we will not be going straight to Tagbilaran City, we opted for the bus.  And it pays Php 25.00 per head  from Tubigon to Moalong, a place after Catagbacan in Loon.  We were dropped off at Moalong (pronounced MOAWONG by locals) and we waited for Dimple's Omi and ate Inday who were arriving any minute for a transaction in Tagbilaran.


It was indeed an adventure because it is the first time my daughter rode a wooden bus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Surigao del Sur Escapade: Enchanted at The Enchanted River