Early Morning Walk Salagdoong Beach Resort, Maria, Siquijor

It was the day after the first night at Salagdoong Beach Resort in Siquijor.  Because of the sunrise, I have to drag myself out of bed so that I will have time to catch an early glow of the sun.   The place was still so quiet when I went down from the second floor.  And looking back at the hotel, I can sense an atmosphere of peacefulness. Though it was already daylight, but I haven't seen any person who is up and about yet except for my friends upstairs who are already awake in their respective rooms.

Photobucket

This is the hotel where we are staying - Hotel Agripino. It looks neat and elegant as it stood amidst the greenery of trees because the hotel is situated at the end of the Salagdoong Forest (a forest of Tugas Trees) that runs more than a kilometer from the highway to Salagdoong Cove.

My destination that morning was the beach to catch a sunrise.

Photobucket

You may check out the map posted here - http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/siquijor.php so that you will understand better where our location is and why the sun's golden glow is not very visible from this point.  I am not sure if I will blame it on the weather because it seems there was a low pressure coming that way that day and the next 24 hours later.

Photobucket

- i wish there is more to that pale orange glow in the horizon


I think I was unlucky because the sky was cloudy. It looks like it is going to rain. Although the sun was not clear in site, I glimpse a peace colored sky in the distance. That was all I could catch of the sun that morning. My friend and I were somewhat disoriented of our location because the day before, we were not able to catch sunset because it can't be seen in the horizon. We were on the western part of the island but we wonder why the sun did not set at that side.

Photobucket

Laying on the sand in this cove in the early part of the morning would be a relaxing thing to do. But since I was alone with my camera in hand, I thought it would not be the best thing to do. The white sand and the ocean green waters makes me wish I can swim so that I won't be scared to venture the deeper waters and enjoy snorkeling on my own.

Photobucket

For those who have the daredevil spirits loves to enjoy sliding down on this spot.  It was high.  Around two stories in height.  I was hanging mightily to a post when I took this photo because the gravity feels like it's eating me down.  It was a bit terrifying moment for me, but I don't like my fear to spoil the time to explore because I was the only person up and walking that early part of the day.  Not very early anymore but I guess some people were still on their way to this beach.

Photobucket

This is the common swimming site of the local visitors. The place looks peaceful in spite of the rough rocks in the midst of the water. The beach in this part is stony. But on the other side, the one in the previous picture, the sand is a bit fine although not really powdery. It is still painful to kneel on the sand because of the stones that sticks to the skin.

I love the thought of being in the midst of 100% natural environment. But because of the need that people needs to find means to make money, tourism flourishes (big and small scale level) they do not realize that in the "improvement" that they want to do, they have marred or tarnished the real beauty of nature.

Photobucket

I have read many posts regarding the installation of slides on this big rock.  There are two slides actually perched on the sides of this rock formation.  People who have seen the Salagdoong in the early years really do not approve this site.  But for those of us who comes for the first time and this is what we saw, oh well, we just have to accept it as it is.    Even though tourists do not appreciate that much, I observed going down that cemented slide can be one reason why many wanted to come to Salagdoong to swim and relax and bond with their family.



This post is also shared at:

Comments

  1. Wow! Those spots are like paradise jud kaayo Ar! Makaibog oi! Nus-a pa kaya ko makatamak-tamak sa balas usab. Makamingaw! :D

    Thanks for sharing this for TT Ar! Please join again for this week; linky is now up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful place. Im sure gonna visit this place this year or early next year :D No concrete plans since were still waiting for cheap fares. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siquijor! Ito na lang, masaya na ko bago ako umalis ng Pilipinas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philippines is sure surrounded by beautiful white beaches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Surigao del Sur Escapade: Enchanted at The Enchanted River