A Glimpse of Saigon River

It is our first day in Ho Chi Minh. We arrived at our guesthouse around 2 in the morning and we went to sleep right away because we were booked on a half day tour and that is going to the Cu Chi Tunnel.


We slept late, woke up in a hurry and it ended up no breakfast. Upon arrival at the place, I was already feeling weak. I know I won't appreciate the tunnel tour. So i stayed by with an aim to look for food.


And so, I saw one -- a restaurant along Saigon River.  The food entry will be posted in another blog.  He he he.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The body of water is really big and the water was swelling. It's rainy season here and because of the bigness of Sendong, I feel so scared seeing a swell of brown water.  The guys told me that if it rain more and more, the neighborhood is flooded.

Thanks to one of the guys who operates Saigon Water Express, for taking this photo of me.  Saigon Water Express is one of the water taxis company that carries tourists from Ho Chi Minh to enjoy Saigon River.
Photobucket

One can take the water taxi to and from HCM. I asked them how much is the fare and they told me it is $80 per person. Eighty dollars? That's already huge. But thinking of traveling by bus that will take around one hour, then that $80 sounds reasonable if one is in a hurry.

Photobucket

The Cu Chi tour lasted for an hour and thirty minutes. But for me who did not go around much, I really felt it was already three hours that i've been waiting for them.

Off to sleep now because we will be on a long trip to Pnom Penh, Cambodia tomorrow. (Actually, later at 6:30)

Comments

  1. Pretty scary indeed. The water taxi fare also seem expensive. Well, just consider it as part of your adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting trip though and that place where you ate or the restaurant looks like a wonderful place to be at. :) Never been there before. You look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a very interesting ride. and oh boy, get some rest too :D i know touring can be exhausting especially when we don't have a lot of time to roam around the city that we are traveling in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a very interesting ride. and oh boy, get some rest too :D i know touring can be exhausting especially when we don't have a lot of time to roam around the city that we are traveling in. Enjoy and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So ikaw ngayon si Leah Salonga...hmmm pwede na rin... I heard from Pastor Ted you sing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have never heard of this before, but thanks for your informative blog now i have ideas of some parts of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The water looks so calm and enjoy your trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was so nice of the guy who took pictures for you. mahala pud sa $80 sis ui :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks sis Grace for dropping by and don't believe Pastor Ted. But yes, I sing. I sing when I am alone and when I am in the shower. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes sis Nancy it was really expensive. I said to myself, hala uy dili jud ko maka afford kay mao ra na ang worth sa akong pocket money. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Surigao del Sur Escapade: Enchanted at The Enchanted River