Sidlak Iligan City!

Iliganon ka?  Bring home a friend.

Even if you are not -- you are still welcome to bring a friend.  We  would love to see you witness and enjoy the colorful Diyande Festival with us.  September is the thanksgiving month in honor  of Iligan Saint Patron, St. Michael  This year's fiesta slogan is SIDLAK ILIGAN.


Personally, the slogan speaks so much being an Iliganon.  Sidlak means SHINE so I feel that it is now a high time for Iliganons to shine.  I know they've been shining in the past years, but this year is going to be different.   This year will be a much brighter shine for the city.    This is also going be a different year for me.  I was born in this City of Many Waterfalls but I can say that I am a stranger to my own hometown.  My family have our permanent residence here but in my 39 years, I had 6 or 7 residences during my schooling years and working years in other places.  I came back in 2005 without a thought that I would permanently stay.  But beginning last year, I started to think I am staying for good.  In the 6 years that i've stayed and worked in Iligan City, there was not a fiesta time that I went out to the city to see the festive scenes for peace and safety reasons.  But that did not discouarage me to continue living in this place.


Thanks to Iligan Bloggers Society, they are giving me the opportunity to know more about my hometown.  And thanks in advance to them too for this might be the first year that I will enjoy the fiesta month weekends.  This is the first weekend, and earlier this evening, we were at the Rizal Park for the launching of the Project Angel Tree and after a quick dinner, we had to rush to the Ultra for the CineMo VIP Screening.  Details of these activities will be posted in my main blog. I will be posting it after this post.


This call BRING HOME A FRIEND also calls for me.  I'll bring myself home to my own home. lol!


Even before SeptemBER started, the was already the complete list of activities related to the Diyandi Festival.  You may check out this link - SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES so that you will have an idea which weekend u should come to witness the programs.


Welcome to Iligan City!


Viva Bisita!


Viva Iligan!


Viva Senior San Miguel!



Images grabbed from Tourism website and Purple Slipperz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Surigao del Sur Escapade: Enchanted at The Enchanted River