Tuesday Travels (Local Food): Shells



I never thought that this "toy shells" to me is food to the locals.  Honestly, I really dunno how to eat shells and I don't ever had an idea what it tastes like.  That is why when I saw this plateful of shells, I asked the owner who was axing coconuts, if I can have some shells for my collection.  And he said, they are still filled and it is going to be their viand that morning.   That explains why it is placed in a plate.  I was taken by surprise but laugh it out later.  My friends teased me for being so ignorant that shells like these are food.  When it's empty, that's the time it can become a toy.


This food was taken in one of the barrio in Cabilao Island, Loon, Bohol during our trip in April 2008.




An entry for:


Comments

  1. The first time I tasted shells that looked like these was when I first arrived in Cagayan de Oro. I was surprised and amused that my in-laws ate it with safety pins :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat this seashells. They are so delicious especially when they are fresh. How I wish I can eat this sooner. Yum, yum, yum..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Surigao del Sur Escapade: Enchanted at The Enchanted River