Weekend at the College Heights

Mountain View College is located in Valencia City, Bukidnon.  It is not very far from Iligan City but due to time and sometimes finances, getting there or spending time there is treated a luxury.  The last time I visited the campus was in December 2009 when my daughter joined the NMC-wide Pathfinder camping.  And to think of it, I only had a day to go around the familiar nooks of the campus.

The latest visit allowed me to stay a full two days because I attended the re-opening program of DxCR on October 6, a Thursday.  I am not in the right position to question why the program falls on a Thursday instead I made it a point that I can take a leave that day.  Thinking that it would be a hassle to travel back after the program, so I filed a two days leave (Thursday and Friday) to really enjoy the campus, my home for almost five years.  As the day draws nearer, I made up my mind to visit some spots, where me and my friends used to hang around when we were still students.

I find myself in the home of Pastor Em & Neng Pitogo at Bagon-taas Church ampus on October 6 morning. I arrived 1 am the night before and I really appreciate their hospitality in accommodating me.  I really felt very uncomfortable dropping by that late but the host would not listen to any reason.  At 8:30, we found ourselves traveling up to the campus.  I was so excited inside that as soon as we entered the MVC -Lurugan boundary, my camera was ready to be clicked.

I took some shots while passing by the airstrip, the fields near the road to the new hydro.  Excitement increases as we were nearing the gate:


The rotunda outside the MVC gate



The gate structure made me wonder, am I entering a subdivision or entering a college/university campus?  Anyway, I feel I am not yet used that concrete thing.  It was still a simple building with Bamboo used as a barricade. The old means is now replaced with modern one.  Not bad at all.


I have to go directly to my host's house to leave my things and to get myself ready for the program.  It was exactly 9 am when we arrived but I still want to freshen up.  I moved like a lighting so that I would not arrive very late.  Late and very late are just the same.  But then, late is better than never. ^^



I can see from the distance that the program has started.  And there was a good crowd of people.  Thinking of the crowd made me smile as I was sure I will meet up some old friends and schoolmates (former DxCR workers), and professors.  Indeed there were many.  It was a happy morning.


The program will posted as a separate post.


After the program, luncheon was served at the Pioneer's GH.  And after the program, I was lucky enough to be toured in my old home, the Ruby Hall, my only home in the campus.  Big thanks to the Home dean, Anne Tanamal.  She used to be my dorm mate for two years.


RUBY HALL


This is my first visit since 2001.  I had a short time in this dormitory in September 2000 until January 2001.  Had I not accepted to work at Gingoog Sanitarium then I could have stayed there until am done with another course.


The dean brought me to the second floor. Of course the first room we visited upstairs was my room.  Room 121.  Still the same old room with 8 beds (double and triple decks)  but it has a different look because the occupants used color wall papers. During our time we used white bondpaper to make it look bright and spacious.  There were only 2 occupants that time unlike our time, it was full.



Anyway, just a glimpse of how Ruby Hall looks at the present time.



Very dark clouds were threatening so I have to leave the dorm.  Said my heartfelt thanks and proceeded to the main building.  I was hoping to go home straight but a hi moment at the Registrar's office was still okey.  I met my former Typing 1 and Personality Development teacher, Ms. Joyce Flores. She's now one of the staff at the RO.  Gwen Sunico is also there, a former neighbor in the Ruby Hall.  I am amazed of the modernization of the office.  ^^


From there, I went to the Guidance office as Dr. Adil ( a friend and former workmate here in Iligan) already saw me.  Stayed longer than expected and the rain came.  It was a big rain.  After the chit chat, he brought me to the Library where his wife (a kababata) was working.  I missed the place.  The Library is one of the my fave hangouts in the campus.  The nice thing about the new library was, I helped in the moving from the old library to the new library.  I was in-charge of the office as I was working that time to assist Mommy Budayao.   It feels good to be back inside.  (i missed taking a photo)


Then when the rain stopped, I tried to hurry home.  On my way home, here are some of my photos.  Enjoy!


If you are an MVCian you really know where you can find locate these places:



FKA (front)


i know i've seen this place and that long pathwalk in my dreams.



Facing FKA, the view you can see to your right.



Be decisive.
You must know where you are heading.
East, west, north, or south.


At that moment, I went a bit here and there to take pictures. And of course I know where I was heading - to Barangy Uno.



Under the pines  (Ilalum sa under the Pines)^^



A glimpse of Mt. Kitanglad (around 4 pm)
Shot taken amidst the drizzle


I arrived home tired and slightly wet but looking forward to an evening with friends and whole day for campus familiarization (as much as I can). ^^ That's worth another post.  I really hope to share them all sometime.


The whole two days were unforgetable.  I am so glad to see friends and faces I haven't seen in a long time.  It's good to see them and share a hi with them.  I know the feel the same way as some can't still imagine I am what I am now when all they think of me was the small, slim me.  But no matter what my size, I am still Arlene, a grown-up one and felt good to be back at the campus.  A proud MVCian.

Comments

  1. been passing bukidnon before...if muadto mi muadto mi ug cebu...lovely place..

    ReplyDelete
  2. following ur blog in google...have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gimingaw nq sa MVC, its been 4 years la nq nakavisit ...hmmmm.. i really love this place

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Surigao del Sur Escapade: Enchanted at The Enchanted River