Macau: July 23 - Day 1

Good morning!

It's my birthday and I can hear the rain is pouring hard outside.  I was staying with friends and they are up earlier than me because they are going out to work.  But I should not worry because one of room occupants is coming in from night work.  The scenario reminds me of the life of hard-working OFWs in  many parts of the world.

My fear of being lost is not obvious.  I was dead decided that I am going out so that I my trip will be really worth it.  And I was also sure that I would never get lost.  I just need to follow their instruction on which way to go after getting out of the building.

San Malo

Addie told me that I can shop in San Malo.  I need to buy a few personal stuff and she said I can get it from San Malo.  I can also change my pesos money to pataca. The downside of not reading ahead of time before coming to a new place, made me think that San Malo is a big mall. lols!  I can still recall the smile of the woman whom I asked at the money changer's shop.

I went out this day without any map nor any list of places that I should visit.  I said to myself, I'll just go to where my feet leads me-- after I've changed my momey and after I can get myself a comfortable slipper of step-in.

Here are a few of the photos I took during my first day touring Macau.

WARNING: this post is a narration so please bear with the lots of photos (might be boring to some) and my wordy descriptions.


This is the building where I stayed at.  When I went out of the building door, you either have to walk up to your left or walk down to your right.  Later, I knew both streets will still bring me down to San Malo.



This road leads down while the photo below shows the road that goes up.  I was going up.  I have the directions in mind yet I do not have any idea what would be the roadside view of the buildings I am going to see once I am far beyond that  curve.



  photo DSC_0051_zpseyrfnccy.jpg 

^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^

 photo DSC_0058_zpszu1rnytp.jpg

Just a few steps beyond that curve, I saw this church. Wow! I'll just took this pic and decided that I will come back here on my last day. My goal is to see places farther than where I was staying. :) This is the St Joseph's Seminary and Church. This is situated in a crossing so the next photo shows view of cluster balconies and windows in a high rise building of which I think there is still beauty in it --

 photo DSC_0060_zpsrk48hzqu.jpg
 


 photo DSC_0062_zpsxno5t8fw.jpg 

Then this I saw this directional marker - I then told myself that I am really in an exciting area. I know I have not made a list of which places to see but the historic markers are telling me that I got lots of places to see. Across this little road is the St. Lawrence's Church.
All I need is the time and the energy to really walk up or down to see them. :) 

It is still my first day but I already have a virtual list of places to visit on Sunday, my last day in the island.

















I was already thirty minutes out of the house but I am still merely a minute of two away from there. I took my time reading markers and taking photos. I know San Malo is down the road. lol!


I continued my walk and I saw this corner yellow dainty building at San Agostino Street ( Calsada de San Agostino)

 photo DSC_0072_zpss9atsa1p.jpg 

I just looked up at it. I wonder what's inside. But I cannot see someone in sight whom I can ask what's in that building. So off I went after several shots.

 photo DSC_0074_zpsxskg4oqg.jpg 

This street leads down to San Malo. I said to myself, now I am almost there. I am excited to find the "store". lol! I pause for a minute of two at the end of the road to familiarize the area. I should not forget the road as this would be the road that will lead me back to the place where I am staying. More photo clicks... 

 photo DSC_0076_zpsoskti5oe.jpg

   photo DSC_0078_zpsth3lasvx.jpg 
I believe that I have a strong sense of direction yet I cannot help but still took the two above photos in case I cannot find my way later of the day. hahaha 

Now I am at San Malo!

^&^

More narrative posts are coming! Stay tuned! :)

xoxo

Sunshinelene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling in Seoul - Arriving at Yeouido Park

Best Time to Fly the Cheapest Air Fares

Surigao del Sur Escapade: Enchanted at The Enchanted River